Driving high performance L.E.A.D.
“Leadership development isn’t an overnight fix – it’s an ongoing process”
Leadership in the workplace is centred on working with others to bring a business to life. Achieving goals, inspiring others, and creating a productive collaborative environment. When leaders work effectively, they get extraordinary things done in organisations. They bring out the best in those around them and set an example to others by aligning their actions with shared values.
The continued success of any organisation lies in how well they develop their management team. There are some common pitfalls of leaders:
- Feeling pressured to prove that they “know it all”
- Thinking that they need to show everyone they are in charge
- Wanting to change everything overnight
- Avoidance of dealing with problem staff
- Taking no responsibility when things go wrong
Being a leader or people manager can be scary for some. They may have been internally promoted as they excelled in their previous role and suddenly, they have stepped into the unknown. They are thrust into the spotlight and as well as trying to commercially drive their team forward they need to have a grasp on HR issues in areas such as grievance, return to work and people management. Additionally, they need to lead their new team from day 1 and communicate a vision to inspire teamwork and trust.
Without training, they will not be effective and understandably people will start to question why they are in the role and if the department is future-fit?
How do they learn their skills?
There is much to learn being a leader and People Need Skills have put together a bespoke 5 step program within our Leadership Academy called L.E.A.D – Learn Excel And Develop.
To wet your appetite – we have developed this taster course so you can get a flavour of LEAD and how it can benefit your organisation.
The activities are engaging and generate powerful learning experiences to help leaders to explore, understand and develop a wide range of interpersonal and team skills.
This course is suitable for:
- New Leaders
- Existing Leaders
- Aspiring Leaders
Course content and outcomes include:
- A personalised assessment plan exploring your potential areas for personal growth, through insight on how you see yourself and how you feel you communicate with others. The report gives you an overview of your communication style, your strongest areas, your opportunities to improve and, critically, your hidden potential
- The Tuckman 5 stages of team development
- Roles of a leader
- Understand how teams come together
- Behaviours and how they impact team performance
- Importance of delegation
- Demonstration of the key skills of delivering development feedback
- Verbal and non-verbal communication in teamwork
- Action plan
What's included in the course:
This course includes diagnostics – personalised assessments that reveal credible insights into your staffs’ individual strengths, behaviours, and opportunities to grow.
All courses include:
- Collaborative learning tools to supercharge your understanding
- Industry experts have been involved in developing the learning programmes to support you throughout the course and give you the best possible experience
- We provide a certificate on successful completion to help grow your CV or aid with organisational compliance
Face-to-face and Virtual classroom:
- Peer learning, allowing the group to explore a subject as they work together with fellow team members
- Our workshops are highly interactive, and we select a range of activities for each session to build understanding e.g. role play, observation and reflection
- Realtime feedback allowing you to transform your performance, your approach, and grow in confidence
- Handouts and slides to allow you to reflect on your experience