Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
Equality is about ensuring everybody has an equal opportunity and is not treated differently or discriminated against because of their characteristics.
The famous quote by Verna Myers “Diversity is being invited to the party; Inclusion is being asked to dance” is just the starting point. Diversity is about taking account of the differences between people and groups of people and placing a positive value on those differences.
How do you embed this into your organisation to drive change?
This course has been designed to give you an understanding of equality and diversity and what it means in the workplace, and give you hints and tips to embed in your workplace.
This course is suitable for:
- Anyone who wishes to improve their equality & diversity skills
- People who work in managerial positions
- HR professionals
- Anyone who aspires to become managers and leaders
Course content includes:
- Different organisational cultures
- What is equality and diversity?
- Cultural belonging
- What is discrimination?
- Types of discrimination
- Exclusion, inclusion, and tactics to deal with them
- Heightening awareness of blind spots and biases
- Listening actively and empathetically
- The law, compensation, and the cost of getting it wrong
- Dignity and diversity
- Harassment and bullying- the warning signs
- Protected areas and unconscious bias
- Overt and covert bullying
- Managing a cultural and socially diverse team
- Top tips to set up employee groups in your organisation
- Creating a development plan
On completion delegates will understand:
- The true definition of equality, diversity and inclusion
- The impacts of similarities and differences
- Different skills to make people feel welcome and part of a team
- And have a positive appreciation of cultural and generational differences
- Different tools and techniques to minimise the exclusion of others
- The impact of feeling included, or excluded, within the team
- Different practices, procedures and methods to boost diversity and inclusion
What's included in the course:
All courses include:
- Collaborative learning tools to supercharge your understanding
- Industry experts have been involved in developing the learning programmes to support you throughout the course and give you the best possible experience
- Where there is a multiple-choice assessment to complete the course and a minimum pass requirement free resits will be available
- We provide a certificate on successful completion to help grow your CV or aid with organisational compliance
Face-to-face and Virtual classroom:
- Peer learning, allowing the group to explore a subject as they work together with fellow team members
- Our workshops are highly interactive, and we select a range of activities for each session to build understanding e.g. role-play, observation, and reflection
- Realtime feedback allowing you to transform your performance, your approach, and grow in confidence
- Handouts and slides to allow you to reflect on your experience