GDPR Awareness For Business (General Data Protection Regulations)
In the most basic terms, personally identifiable information (PII) is any piece of information that someone can use to identify, with some degree of accuracy, a living person.
Organisations in general amass and process many pieces of information on data subjects, and all this information together could be judged as personal data if it can be pieced together to identify a likely data subject.
This course equips you with much-needed knowledge to become compliant with the regulations of GDPR and the impact when you get it wrong.
Although the UK has left the EU, we all have a legal duty to manage data that aligns with the requirements and principles of EU General Data Protection (GDPR) and UK Data Protection Act (2018) (DPA). If you have European workers or you do business abroad you will still have to understand and comply with the EU General Data Protection (GDPR).
Ever played Cluedo? Fraudsters finding and using your data can be as simple as just piecing the clues together!
This is course suitable for:
- Everyone – this session is aimed at all staff as this course will help them prepare for managing data protection within their organisations
- Individuals who want to boost their CV (online option)
Course content includes:
- What is GDPR?
- What happens when you get it wrong?
- Recognise the importance of GDPR
- Data definitions and responsibilities
- What are your rights under the act?
- Reporting a breach
- How can you help protect the business?
- Safeguarding critical data
On completion delegates will understand:
- The different data definitions and “special categories”
- What the definitions data subject, data controller, data protection officer and data processors mean
- How to keep yourself and the business compliant and what happens when there is a breach
- Your rights as an individual
- The procedure when reporting a breach
- The rights of children within the GDPR framework
- How a penalty fine is calculated
- Best practice
What's included in the course:
All courses include:
- Collaborative learning tools to supercharge your understanding
- Industry experts have been involved in developing the learning programmes to support you throughout the course and give you the best possible experience
- Where there is a multiple-choice assessment to complete the course and a minimum pass requirement free resits will be available
- We provide a certificate on successful completion to help grow your CV or aid with organisational compliance
Face-to-face and Virtual classroom:
- Peer learning, allowing the group to explore a subject as they work together with fellow team members
- Our workshops are highly interactive, and we select a range of activities for each session to build understanding e.g. role-play, observation, and reflection
- Realtime feedback allowing you to transform your performance, your approach, and grow in confidence
- Handouts and slides to allow you to reflect on your experience
Fully online format
- Courses are action-packed to keep you constantly engaged throughout
- Fully enabled for independent flexible learning
- Ensures compliance with the specific training area being taken
- Fully online course and has no time restrictions
- Full audio voiceover