Mental Health First Aid Awareness
Learn how to support your team’s wellbeing!
Learning how to recognise and respond to the signs and symptoms of a range of mental health conditions is one of the greatest skills you can have for your teams whether you are a leader or a designated MHFA.
Mental health awareness does not teach you to diagnose or treat conditions or provide counselling, but you will discover how to react in a crisis and look after the individual until they can access professional help.
This course discusses mental health stigma and promotes early intervention and how highlighting this area and bringing positive wellbeing into the workplace by showing you take mental health seriously will gain the respect of your colleagues.
This course is suitable for:
- People with an interest in mental health
- Leaders with no prior knowledge who want to be more informed
- HR professionals
- Managers with staff in stressful roles
- PLEASE NOTE: This course is to raise awareness and will not teach you to deliver therapy
Course content includes:
- Why mental health awareness is important
- The impact of mental health issues in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination of others
- Listening skills
- What is depression?
- Alcohol and drugs
- Anxiety disorders
- Dealing with traumatic events
- Eating disorders
- Types of psychosis
- Building resources and an organisational action plan
On completion delegates will understand:
- Issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Practical skills that can be used every day
- Organisations that may benefit individuals in need
- Ways to promote mental health awareness in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination in the workplace
- How to speak confidentially to others about mental illness
What's included in the course:
All courses include:
- Collaborative learning tools to supercharge your understanding
- Industry experts have been involved in developing the learning programmes to support you throughout the course and give you the best possible experience
- Where there is a multiple-choice assessment to complete the course and a minimum pass requirement free resits will be available
- We provide a certificate on successful completion to help grow your CV or aid with organisational compliance
Face-to-face and Virtual classroom:
- Peer learning, allowing the group to explore a subject as they work together with fellow team members
- Our workshops are highly interactive, and we select a range of activities for each session to build understanding e.g. role-play, observation, and reflection
- Realtime feedback allowing you to transform your performance, your approach, and grow in confidence
- Handouts and slides to allow you to reflect on your experience